Friday, October 5, 2018

Last Library 2018. Part 3.

No Cat on the Cool Tin Roof.


[Photo: Heavy duty tin covers one-inch cedar roof. Indestructible!]

Of course, as soon as I say the cedar and tin roof is 'indestructible', a local squirrel will start calculating - maybe with a few of its buddies - how to take it apart and transport the pieces to the top of a maple tree. Little beggars!!

That being said, shortly after I'd measured and cut the tin (hard chore, with old-time snippers) and sanded the edges to remove burr, I had two pieces snuggly screwed into place. Oh, it's not going anywhere for a long time.

The signage and door need second coats and proper placement, and several pieces of western cedar trim need to be attached before I can say 'fini'.




I say, by sometime next week I'll be digging a hole for the sturdy post and platform.

More photos to follow.

Please link to Last Library 2018. Part 2.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment