Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Rustic Harrison Specials (2).

I've Got Shingles, The Good Kind.

[Photo: Western cedar house on a square pine base]

After cutting the thickness of the cedar slats down to 7/8ths of an inch (approx.), I cut the slats into several pieces, seen assembled above into a birdhouse with a side apartment large enough for a teenager to rent from its parents for a week or two.

I have not noticed other birdhouses like this (Who else thinks like a teenager who wants his own pad for just two weeks?), so, I call it the Harrison Special, or Rustic Harrison Special, or After Two Weeks You're Outta Here!

The inside looks almost as nice as the outside in my opinion:


The two sides are a titch shorter than the roofline, allowing for air flow.

I often make the roof slats out of the cedar that has been trimmed from the rustic cedar slats, but on this occasion I spotted some rescued cedar shingles in The Annex (lumber, bicycle, yard tools and lawnmower storage facility). Why, I think they're perfect for the apartment roof!



Final photos soon to follow.


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment