Thursday, June 13, 2019

Whale Time (5).

It Swallowed a Paintball?

[Last look at the cleaner than clean version.]

Yesterday afternoon, once I'd returned from the YMCA and mowed the front lawn, I propped up the nice, clean version of "Whale at Play" on my work bench and applied the first coat of blue paint.

["Looks pretty good from way back here!" I say.]

For the most part the first bit of painting went fairly quickly. But once I started the fussy edge work and spaces in tight corners - things got messy!

["Hey! Stay inside the lines," says one side of my brain.] 

["Looks like it ate a bag of paintballs!"]

I agree, it does look like the whale enjoys a side dish of paintball with its krill. But, once the paint is dry, a light sanding will remove excess paint, and I'll have smooth edges where they are needed.

No problemo, I say.

More to follow.

Please link to Whale Time (4).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment