Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Porch Swing Project... Fini! (3).

The Swing is a Smooth Ride.

All cedar slats are stained or varnished. The set up begins.

The porch swing was easy to set up. The metal frame under the bench comes with four hooks and I just had to attach the four chains to the right height.

Hooks are visible on each end of the angle iron.

The metal frame, to which the swing's bench is attached, is sturdy as can be. Four chains can be seen under the arm rests and I just had to pick up the frame in one hand and the bench in the other and make sure the hooks went through the lowest link on each chain. Easy work for Charles Atlas!



Within 2 - 3 minutes I was swingin'.

There's only one more thing to do now (besides a two-minute task of adding a second coat of red paint to the side panels of the metal frame).


The Final Set-up:

Once the swing is on the front porch, just steps away from its former home on my neighbour's porch, I'm going to sit on the swing - with my feet up on a small table - and invite my neighbours over for a visit.

We'll see how long it takes before they realize the swing they placed on the curb has been refurbed, rescued or rejuvenated.

I give them 15 seconds!

Please link to Porch Swing Rejuvenation Project (2).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment