Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Next Great Whale (3).

Almost Ready for the Maple Leaf.

Lots of sanding ahead.

I have done the chiseling, done the low relief. Soon I will be painting a Maple Leaf. But first I have to raise a lot of dust.

The sanding I have to do will take some time - it's fussy work - but will set me up for the lengthy final task, i.e, painting all surfaces, hopefully with a steady hand.

The rough surface of the Great Canadian Whale, Bruin, Stanley Cup, deep sea and outer edge of the pine board is more clearly seen in the following photographs:

White pine barn board has a rough surface for paint

The Bruin team better watch out next year, for sure!

 The small pine knot will soon become a hockey puck.

Below is a photograph revealing a 1950's Toronto Maple Leaf hockey crest. I may use that version of the crest as my inspiration for the Great Whale's own hockey jersey, the kind that won't shrink under water.

Yup, that's me circa late 1950s. Still a fan.

More 'work in progress' updates to follow.

Please link to The Next Great Whale (2)

Photos GH 

No comments:

Post a Comment