Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Whale At Play - Fini!

Is the Whale Just Goofing Around?

Methinks the whale is giving the wee boat the 'Evil Eye'

For the curious, I am going to say the whale is a Right Whale and a hungry one at that.

And I'm also going to say that the sailboat is in the wrong place at the wrong time, from the sailor's point of view at least.

"Oh yeah, that's the Evil Eye for sure!"

For those more knowledgeable than me - and there are more than a few readers like that out there - I will admit that the Right Whale is a pretty good size creature, with a good sized stomach, but it's not likely it would eat a small boat - or the family (with two young children) that is hiding under the gunwales in the scene above!

That being said, a lot of strange or unpredictable things can happen out in the ocean.



Today I will set up my table saw and cut the next few canvasses for a series of art projects related to whales. I have a lovely piece of white barn board (12" x 48") and another of dark western cedar (8" x 48") that I will divide easily into 4 - 6 smaller pieces. And thereafter I will be kept busy with palm chisels for quite some time.

More to follow.

PS. The following note appears on the backside of "Whale At Play."


Wrong place. Wrong time.

Please link to Workshop Variety Pack (3)

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment