Sunday, October 6, 2019

A Busy Workshop and Basement

Feeder, Log Cabins, Rustics and More.

A Mourning Dove likes hanging out on board a pine feeder

My last entry, re the last workshop project for a client in 2019, said a few words about cedar feeders. And recently, while reviewing and organizing deep, digital photo files, I came across three photos of a dove hogging space inside my own feeder.

Doves are like cows. They really like to graze for a long while before moving to a nearby shady spot.

I must have taken the three photos just before entering the workshop because the next 7 photos reveal birdhouse projects "in progress" just a few feet away from the feeder:



 Parts for a log cabin; sanded, stacked and ready for assembly

 My own design; a small house w side apartment

Faces and roof slats ready to attach to tiers of logs

 Old-style cabin, with butt ends jutting out 3/4 inch approx.

 Bottom left roof slat can be removed for spring clean-out


A perch will be attached before the cabins go inside the house (storage)

My basement provides adequate room for birdhouse storage, and if the workshop is too dusty or too busy (every surface covered!) I will set up a paint station there as well.

 A large house w side apartment from old cedar







 A birdhouse w curved roof takes a lot more work but they sell like hotcakes!!

 Shoe stretchers from a defunct, London shoe company. I will frame these!

Rare shot of two pink birdhouses. Sold!!

I think I took 1,000 or more photos every year in the workshop.

So, fasten your seatbelt! : )

Please link to Cedar Feeder

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment