Wednesday, October 16, 2019

'Piles of Birdhouses' Continues.

And More About Little Libraries

Just needs a sign over the door!

Instead of building birdhouses, chairs or little libraries in the workshop and then trying to cram them into the back of my Honda Civic for delivery, I am reviewing photos taken in or near the shop and cramming them into a blog.

Only 16,111 more photos to go! 

That being said, breathe easy, not all of them are about birdhouses. Okay, most of them are about birdhouses, but a few relate to walking/running/family/world war 2/hops/trips/Port Bruce and more.

And there is one very rare photo of the workshop's manager without his beard. First clean shave in decades!! See below : )

Oh yeah, I've been busy.

Photos from along the way, in the workshop:

 Red cedar houses on left, white pine (for painting) on the right

On the red cedar houses you can see I attached the sides to the outer edges of the front and back faces. This makes the floor space larger, roomier for the birds. 




 Some roofs are varnished for added protection


 12 sections in each house, held together w interior skeleton

 A modified version, 4 pieces, with grooves added w table saw



The JR model is one I found online, originally made from teak
with an aluminum plate roof and chromium screws! 
I call my modified model (above) the GH

 Birdhouses were often stacked up to the ceiling : )







 I liked doing the trim with western cedar. The shop always smelled great!


The clean face lasted for less than a week.

The beard gradually reappeared during the time it took to get the Little Free Library into the back seat of my Honda!

Please link to The Collection Grows!

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment