Thursday, October 10, 2019

Little Library from 2015.

The Cedar was the Best in Town.

This photo was taken a couple of years later. Signage repair!

My car stops for old lumber on the curb. In that way I occasionally rescue some of the finest woods in all the land, including the rich, aromatic, old, western cedar 2x4s (from an old backyard swing set) I later used in a little library.

Photos from along the way:

 Old western cedar stock fills the shop with rich smells

Lots of pencil work with some designs



 We're ready for a shed-style roof



 I'm building two at one time for a mother and her daughter



 I'm thinking about an original sign for over the door

 The front door takes lots of time, as does the snake


 Get back in here!


 More decoration for the sides of the library


 Very good fit : )




 Library in place in Old East London


Back in the workshop - the snake made a getaway!! 



The two I made from the rescued cedar were the most complicated - solar panel lights on the larger model - but they stand to this day, new signage and all!

Please link to Build a Library. Dig a Hole.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment