Monday, October 14, 2019

Work Was in Progress for Ten Years

I Believed Everyone Should Have a Shop

Still needs some trim. Another "work in progress"

I'm only guessing, but I think the shop was a busy, dusty place for over 12 years. I'll have to check my journals, if I can find them! But many times I would remark - in the middle of a rewarding project - "everyone should have a workshop."

Though it was a positive place to work, the management had problems with knowing how much work to take on and how much to charge and eventually (say, last year) the manager felt it was time to slow down and go on to other projects re writing, research, associated travel, etc.

The Workshop is not officially all boarded up. There are two projects currently in progress. But the writing is on the wall and it says, "Gord will be tidying up the place real soon. Don't be surprised it the place becomes a writer's studio."

While it was busy, it was very busy.

More photos from along the way:

Stock for 3 swap boxes

Stock grows! Now 4 log cabins are ready to assemble




Stock for more birdhouses...

A bird feeder and little free library are ready to go as well

When the dust settled I would pull out paint tins and brushes






Work in Progress, paint today and add trim tomorrow






All trimmed up and ready for sale


















 Quittin' time - I'm ready for a coffee.

More photos from the workshop to follow.

Please link to A Day in the Life of The Workshop

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment