Saturday, October 12, 2019

A Day in the Life of The Workshop.

Maybe it was a Month. A Busy Month!

Barnboard looks good, especially on a sunny day!

I think I focussed on building various models of birdhouses for about ten years. And over those ten years I purchased a lot of woodworking tools and raised a lot of dust and had a very good time. Oh, and I painted a lot of trim and roofs and front porches and fences... ad infinitum!!

In order to catch the eye of prospective buyers - and neighbourhood birds - I added various details that were, at the very least, colourful.

Photos from along the way:

Always lots of trim!







 Little Free Library, not so little, not so free : ) ready to pack 
into my Honda Civic








One of my cedar bird feeders in a former student's backyardigan.

 A slate roofing shingle bears decades of dust - in an intriguing design!

 It looks to me like an island landscape from Northern Ontario

 I framed the slate shingle and called it "The North Country"




 This photo may show the cedar bird feeder featured a few photos above







 This is my largest, most-complicated birdhouse. It is parked on the north
side of Labatt Park, home of London Majors baseball team.

 It was stolen from its first location, damaged, but recovered and repaired!



 Note the baseball-themed bench below the baseball-themed birdhouse












I did take breaks from the dust. I would sometimes fire up my motorcycle and head toward Lake Erie.

 I would take short walks on long piers

And even in Port Burwell I would focus on small details


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment