Monday, October 1, 2018

Last Library 2018. Part 1.

Sturdy Barnboard and Metal Roof.

[Photo: Once pieces are cut, the assembly begins]

2018 was a productive year in the workshop, with many birdhouses and 'little free libraries' filling my workbench with stock, dust, paint tins, brushes, etc. - and lots of cedar aroma. I can live with all that.

I am in "hurry up" mode because October is getting cooler and working with frigid tools is not a lot of fun. And since this final library will sport a metal roof I will have a few sharp edges to watch out for, as well.

 Lots of pieces to paint in primary colours

The cedar "under roof" pieces are ready to attach. 

 Here are the sides, back and bottom ready for assembly...

Now, it's taller than I am!

I have not cut or assembled a metal roof before, but with the right tools - and a steady hand - I should make do just fine.

More to follow.


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment