Thursday, May 16, 2019

Log Cabins from Old Cedar (1).

Waste Not, Want Not.

Old cedar from Joe Flagler's dock.

I am making 11 log cabins that I should call "Joe Flagler Specials" because I rescued the cedar deck boards from Joe's dock 5 - 10 years ago, and it looks better every year!

I still have a bit of trim work to do in order to finish the first five birdhouses, e.g., a perch, roof edge trim, picket fence, windows, roof ridge, etc., so you will see a few photos in the next few days as progress continues.

You've been warned! : )

The two darker triangles atop the tiers of logs are old 'rescued' pine.

While working on this set of houses a fellow dropped by with cedar scrap from his sauna project. I said 'yes' to the lumber because it is just the right size and amount for three small bird houses I want to attach to three metal poles I rescued. Good timing, I say!

More to follow as Gathering on the Green approaches, June 1.

Please link to another birdhouse w Joe Flagler's cedar deck board at Rustic Harrison Specials (3).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment