Monday, July 27, 2015

Found Object 1

Curb-side Treasure

"Hey, I see a new bedside table here"

Two weeks ago, while driving on Elmwood St., I passed an old table with a loose slab of heavy stone as a table top - tossed to the curb. After thinking about 'possibilities' for 60 seconds I drove around the block to retrieve said items, and they sat in The Annex (wee backyard storage shed) until yesterday.

Sunday afternoon: I tossed the stone aside and repaired the scarred and wobbly walnut frame. I added white pine trim around the corner pieces and edges and closed off the opening on one side (once home to a wee drawer). I then made a tabletop from four rescued western cedar slats and opened up a can of primer paint.


 "I know. The underside - w ancient western cedar tones - looks awesome"

"The weather-worn cedar surface suits my fancy for this project"

I'll make new colour choices this PM. So, more to follow.

Link to Custom Birdhouse 16

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment