Tuesday, September 8, 2015

16 Cedar Birdhouses

A Mix of Solid Cedar


Three cedar birdhouses need a roof and the slats are at the ready. Upon close inspection you will see that the front and back are made from new red cedar, from stacks at Home Depot that are generally used as fence slats. Because the slats are only 5 inches wide I am now in the habit of attaching the sides of the birdhouses (cut from rustic rescued western cedar) to the outside of the face and backside.



Together with four rustic cedar roof slats and a 5 by 6-inch base per house (the base is held in place with three screws) I can assemble a tall batch of solid houses in pretty short order.


Yesterday I grabbed six and painted roofs in primary colours. After a second coat is dry I will add trim and perches. I think I'll be busy with this batch for another couple of days.

Stay tuned.

Link to Back in Action

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment