Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Painted Models 2

Rustic Duplex

"The wood is easy to cut, sand and assemble"

The wood for this birdhouse came from a four-foot length of old pine or fir that had once been a joist in a London home. I was given four eight-foot lengths recently (true 2 by 6s) and cut them in half shortly after I reached home - and after checking them carefully for hidden nails. The wood is dry and will make several other decent rustic houses.

 "The base is new pine, gray on both sides"


"I like dressing up perches with odds and sods... and bolts"

After assembling this duplex I wondered if I should just make seven more - with different colour combinations - and be done with the remaining pieces of lumber. I have now decided to sit on this rescued lumber for a week or two... and think about all the lovely possibilities : )

Link to Painted Models 1

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment