Saturday, October 3, 2015

Log Cabins 7

A Triple Rescue?


One log cabin of two - constructed from white pine and western cedar leftovers - is almost finished (needs some trim), the second has a first coat of paint and my scrap pile is thinner. Happy days. I like it when different types of leftover bits and pieces can be used together to create a solid, highly fashionable : ) birdhouse.



The white pine could have been used as a base for a duplex but now it gets better use, in my opinion. Leftover slices of rescued western cedar (grungy edges of old deck boards) were one step away from going into a backyard fire when the idea of log cabins sprang to mind. That's a double rescue in my mind.

"And the paint was given to me. More leftovers!"

I think the painted model - now that leftover paint has been applied - is the result of a triple rescue. I'm all for it.

Link to Log Cabins 6

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment