Sunday, October 4, 2015

Log Cabins 8

Take 'Em Indoors


Two log cabins constructed from rescued lumber are now ready to leave the workshop and travel to their next destination - a storage/display shelf in my basement. And in 3 weeks they will travel with me to a craft/birdhouse sale not far from my home.

 "I hope the knot doesn't fall out of the roof slat!"

 "I used three slats (instead of the usual two)  to make each side of the roof" 

"In previous photos you will notice the triangle that supports the roof is wider
than the tiers of logs. This provides a gap to allow air flow. The bigger the
triangle, the wider the roof slats become. Thus, the third roof slat : ) "

With winter coming to Canada in the next little while, these cabins might be the last ones I make until 2016. (Not the last BHs, however. Two bat houses are now underway).

"The cabin sits on lumber - already cut - for two bat houses"

Link to Log Cabins 7

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment