Sunday, November 18, 2018

Rustic Harrison Specials (3).

Before and After "Puttin' on the Trim".

[Photo: The main roof is made up of four cedar slats]

I knew when I designed this type of birdhouse that it would take more time to make than a basic four-sided box. But the extra cutting, sanding and assembly time are worth it, in my humble and dusty opinion.

I get to show off the old cedar faces a bit more, and the extra space at the front gives me room for a small picket fence. As well, parents get extra space for those teenagers who are occasionally reluctant to leave home for college right after they get their high-flying-school diploma.

Before and After the Trim Job:


I add roof edge trim, windows, perch and fence. (Good use of scraps).

More photos and a final "Voila!":




This is the last batch for 2018.

Time now for The Big Sweep!!

See you in the spring!

Please link to Rustic Harrison Specials (2).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment