Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Go Fishing? Maybe Practice the Pole Vault?

What to do When Supplies Hit the Curb

I found three sturdy poles on the curb.
Not my curb. Somebody else's curb : )

I was out for a walk. Nothing unusual about that. I like walking.

And somewhere along my route I spotted three sturdy metal poles - free for the taking (I like that too) - light and easy to carry. They came home with me because I knew exactly what to do with them.

It helped that I had several chunks of left-over cedar fence posts (6 inches x 6 inches) and pine barn board. Why, the birdhouses almost designed themselves.

Cedar posts I had. I only needed to supply the elbow grease

A set of three birdhouses (with necessary platforms and collars) were soon underway. Paint and brushes were on a shelf in the workshop and as some like to say - the rest is history:

 I need three platforms and collars to plant the houses onto poles

 House are underway but far from finished

 Standing tall outside the workshop

 Birdhouse with trim and a bright colour combo



Don't throw out your wooden spoons. Call me!



Three on poles - all done. Now I can work with old cedar slats

Lots of cedar, from Joe Flagler's dock! He got a new dock, I got the old cedar
and the story of that lovely old western cedar continues to this day! 

Even the table these houses sit upon is from Joe's dock!


Even the cedar trim is made from the old dock boards



For a look at more birdhouses and a few "little free libraries", please link to
'Piles of Birdhouses' Continues.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment