Saturday, August 29, 2015

Custom Shelf 12

A Rosy Hue


Yesterday the weather was just right to set the shelf outside to let it air out before taking it into my livingroom so it would not collect dust during the last steps I must now perform, i.e., related to artsy fartsy platforms and slates for the black end panels. As well, with the shelf so close to my front porch, I will be able to move it outdoors for three coats of varnish on the top surface in the morning and bring it back indoors at night.


 Three types of cedar seem to go well together.
Black end panels now require my attention

I only wiped down the rustic shelf surfaces with my stain rag,
and they seem to reflect the same rosy hue as other surfaces. A1

Hopefully, like yesterday, a curious cat or bird will not use it as a resting or landing site.

Link to Custom Shelf 11

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment