Monday, August 17, 2015

Saw Repair

Fingers are Crossed

"The guts of my table saw, on the mend...?"

Late last week, while cutting trim for a custom table/shelf, my Dewalt Jobsite Saw began to act up in a strange manner. It would slow down, then stop, then start up again without blowing a fuse or without me flipping a switch. Once or twice it activated a built-in circuit breaker on my extension cord, so I knew something was fishy.

"It has sucked up a lot of dust," I thought. "But it doesn't owe me anything if it just died."

Before making a decision about whether or not to have it repaired or replaced I fell back on my experience with my last table saw. "I'll take the motor out of its housing and give it a good clean."

I put it back together yesterday, cut a 'test strip' (of scrap cedar) - no problemo - and will see how it goes over the next day or two. Fingers are crossed.

Link to Spring is Springing

Photo GH

No comments:

Post a Comment