Saturday, August 1, 2015

Custom Table 5

Table Top

 "Not much was left from one 8-foot section of red cedar"

"I'm happy I changed my plans just a wee bit"

Yesterday I decided to use four 6-foot slats of relatively new red cedar (as clear as a bell) for the table top instead of eight 3-foot slats of very old, rustic western cedar. I felt there would be stability issues re the table if I used the 3-foot slats and I'd have to make more cubbies. However, the shorter slats, already prepared, will supply me with lovely shelves and tonnnnes of trim for this project.

 "Great lumber to cut and sand" 

"Beautiful 16-footers (2 by 10s) came from Home Hardware, St. Marys"

That being said, I now have lots of sanding to do this afternoon. (Good job for a rainy day, a condition in our local forecast!)

Link to Custom Table 4

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment