Thursday, June 13, 2019

Whale Time (4).

Playing with the Third Whale.

["Whale at Play" unpainted]

I thought I would try an art piece smaller than the first two, on 12 by 12-inch white pine barn board.

So far, so good, I think.

[The whale seems to be having a good time at any rate]

While removing a layer of wood from number three, my mind went back to the nice large "rectangular" shape of number two, and an idea sprang to mind that will likely become whale number four.

Number Two:

["Remember me? I'm actually a citizen of Canada, eh."]

My next project will likely be "The All-Canadian Whale", sporting a Canadian flag, maybe even with a large plate of poutine. Or, half-price wings from Morrissey House, London?

There are still small piles of wood in the shop waiting to be sanded and then turned into lovely log cabin birdhouses too (like the one below):

["Nice perch," I say!] 

So, when time allows, the workshop will be home to summertime hobbies 'on the go.'

Stay tuned.

Please link to Whale Time (3).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment