Saturday, June 13, 2015

Basic Western Cedar 1

Eight More for the Pile

 "Where do I go from here? Stay tuned"

One modification I make to cedar birdhouses that incorporate five-inch-wide fence slats is to attach the sides to the outer edge of the faces. By doing this the base can be as wide as the face, up to 6 or seven inches long, and thus provide a good-sized interior for nesting.

"I widened the roof slats to 2 and 5/8ths in. BH is squatty but pretty"

"Almost out of room on the top shelf" 

One will more easily see the advantages of such a simple modification once the eight - wherever they are! - are finished.

(Wow. I've got a lot of holes to drill and sanding to do. Stock for about two dozen birdhouses fill the top shelf... and I am not done yet).

Link to Rustic BH w a Twist 4

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment