Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Larger Red Cedar 3

Eight BHs, Various States of Progress

 "I may keep the dark western cedar model on bottom row!" 

I think this batch of birdhouses will grab some attention. Good size, great materials, including dark western cedar and slate that comes all the way from Newfoundland and Scotland.

"No paint required. Rustic models appeal to many people"

Three will be left in their natural colours. Five will have painted roofs, and one of those will get a slate roof, the first time I've used that material. But definitely not the last.

"Beautiful century-old slates from St. Paul's Cathedral"

"Slate makes birdhouse weigh a tonne but a sturdy pole will support it"

My supply of slate will be used a variety of ways, e.g., upon more BHs, atop some small tables, inside shadow boxes. Sky's the limit, I think.

At any rate, this batch of eight is moving along well and should have all trimmed applied by 5 PM today. Then, off to storage, 'cause more projects are on my lengthy to-do list.

Please link to Larger Red Cedar 2

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment