Saturday, June 4, 2016

Upcoming Project: Purple Martin House(s)

Last One.... For Now

"Four good-sized units for Martins"

I was recently asked if I have any Purple Martin houses and, as is often the case, I have one on hand. It is constructed predominantly from clear white cedar harvested on the Bruce Peninsula, and it is trimmed with western cedar. Four Martin units are accompanied by two penthouse units of very good size.

 "Two penthouses are well-ventilated; the roof is a clean-out door"

 "Two slats at the back can be removed for clean-out"

"White cedar is coated with linseed oil"

If this one sells in the next week or so I will have to add 'purple martin house(s)' to my to-do list because I always like having at least one ready to go.... or, to show off when the time is right.

Please link to Fini: Workshop Chair and Matching Stool 4

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment