Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Farmhouse - Upscale Paint.

A Little Paint Goes a Long Way.

[Photo: Basic cedar house likes a splash of red.]

No doubt about it. Though I like to have a few unpainted birdhouses in my collection - some folks prefer them that way - even a wee bit of paint can sometimes catch your eye. On one basic cedar model I only painted the window ledges and wee birdhouse roof.

Looks good, in my opinion

On other models, like a sturdy farmhouse (below), formerly all unpainted white pine, I added quite a bit of paint. At a recent birdhouse sale, it was one that caught the eye of many passersby. And two like it sold before the day was done.


Z-Door is now a stand-out.

So, now I need more farmhouses, and I will repeat the 'upscale paint' idea on all future models.

Please link to Birdhouse Repair: One Old Farmhouse (3)

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment