Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Swap Box Scene 2.

Ready for the Sanding Table.


Though the finished white pine for three swap boxes looks like it is as smooth as can be, the edges require sanding after passing through a table and chop saw.

And, just to make life interesting when I soon set up the sander, I cut stock yesterday for four "stately and rare" log cabins from my healthy supply of old western cedar. Again, the shop smells like the deep woods.


 Busy times, w three swap boxes, four cabins and a LFL* (back corner)

The plans are a little bit fussy.

I call the cabins "stately" because a fair amount of red paint will be involved later in the game, in order to provide an attractive contrast to the dark, rich grains at play in the logs. And "rare", because cabins are a complicated and time-consuming business, so I don't make a batch of them very often.

More to follow.

*LFL = Little Free Library

Please link to Swap Box Scene 1.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment